Fine Art Crating & Case Making
Superior crate making
TFA London specialise in manufacturing bespoke cases and travel frames that offer maximum protection during the movement of your artworks. Crates are custom designed and built in- house by our skilled technicians, specifically for your items.
Regardless of how difficult to pack your art may be, 40 years of experience ensure we have the highest reputation for assessing, designing and building the very best quality crates to ensure all your requirements are met.
Crate making at a glance
- Extensive range of crate options including museum specification.
- Wide range of timber, finishes and accessories.
- Wide range of foam, polystyrene and waterproof linings for suitable protection.
- Swift design process and expertise for precise and timely crate building.
- Bespoke stencilling on finished crates.
- Shock-watch & tip’n’tell indicators on all crates as standard.
- ISPM accreditation meaning your crates conform with all international and forestry regulations.
For added protection, our crates can be lined with museum foam, Ethafoam or Plastizote giving your shipment protection against a range of potential hazards.
We know which foams to use and when to use them, providing solid protection regardless of how long the work spends in the crate, or where it is going.
For works that cannot be soft-packed we can build travel frames to protect the surface. All of our T-frames are built in house and can be made to any specification.
Mike Nelson transformed the grand spaces of the Duveen Galleries at Tate Britain into something between a sculpture court and an asset strippers’ warehouse. He …